If you have looked at previous blogs on this site you already know that Bream Lake is blessed with all manner of fauna. Be they of feather or fin, the creatures of the lake are abundant and diverse. Until several nights ago, I was certain that I had seen everything that Bream had to offer regarding the Animal Kingdom. Imagine my astonishment when, on a post mid-night stroll around the perimeter of the lake, I happened upon the peculiar entity you see here. It was lodged in the branches of a cypress tree and, upon the flash from my camera, immediately scurried away. I have not seen it since. One can only imagine how such a creature came into existence. A chance romance of a lonely bass and adventuresome opossum? Intelligent Design with a slight relapse? Regardless, I shall always be on the lookout for this charming little oddity that I have named the O'Bassum.
Saturday, January 21, 2006
O'Bassum
If you have looked at previous blogs on this site you already know that Bream Lake is blessed with all manner of fauna. Be they of feather or fin, the creatures of the lake are abundant and diverse. Until several nights ago, I was certain that I had seen everything that Bream had to offer regarding the Animal Kingdom. Imagine my astonishment when, on a post mid-night stroll around the perimeter of the lake, I happened upon the peculiar entity you see here. It was lodged in the branches of a cypress tree and, upon the flash from my camera, immediately scurried away. I have not seen it since. One can only imagine how such a creature came into existence. A chance romance of a lonely bass and adventuresome opossum? Intelligent Design with a slight relapse? Regardless, I shall always be on the lookout for this charming little oddity that I have named the O'Bassum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment